A synthetic steroid antigestogennoe means (blocks the action of progesterone at the receptor level gestagenovyh) progestogenic activity is not. Marked antagonism with corticosteroids (due to competition on the level of communication testosterone enanthate vs propionate with the receptors). A key role in the pathogenesis of uterine leymiomy play hormones, especially progesterone. The use of progesterone as a blocker of the progesterone receptor may contribute to both the inhibition of tumor growth and reduction of fibroids and uterine size.
Pharmacokinetics . After a single oral dose of 600 mg maximum concentration is reached after 1.3 hours The absolute bioavailability is 69%. In plasma mifepristone is 98% bound to proteins: albumin and alpha 1-acid glycoprotein. After removing first phase distribution is slow, decreases the concentration of 2-fold between 12-72 hours, and then more quickly. The half-life is 18 hours.
uterine leiomyoma treatment (up to 12 weeks of pregnancy).
- It has a history of testosterone enanthate vs propionate hypersensitivity to mifepristone
- Pregnancy, lactation
- adrenal insufficiency and long-term glucocorticoid therapy
- acute or chronic renal and / or hepatic impairment
- hemostatic disorders (including pre-treatment with anticoagulants)
- pelvic inflammatory disease
- presence of severe extragenital pathology
- submucous location of the fibroids
- The size of the uterus leymiomy in excess of 12 weeks of pregnancy
- Tumors of the ovaries and / or endometrial hyperplasia.
With caution used for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, hypertension, heart rhythm disturbances, heart failure.
Pregnancy and lactation: Pregnancy and lactation are contraindications to the use of the drug.
Dosing and Administration
Inside, a single dose of 50 mg (1 tablet) once. Duration of treatment for 3 months.
Side effects of
menstrual disorders, amenorrhea, discomfort and lower abdominal pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, pyrexia, fatigue, hives.
mifepristone at doses up to 2 g caused no adverse reactions. In case of overdose may develop adrenal insufficiency. Treatment is symptomatic.
Interaction with other medicinal products
is not recommended concomitant use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.